Keto Protein Coconut Scones
This Keto scone recipe uses Keto Pro Protein Powder, coconut flour (much lower in oxalate than almond flour) and sugar-free desiccated coconut as its main base.
A small amount of fruit is fine on Keto - in our picture, we've used a few strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries with a layer of whipped double cream as a delicious topping for our scones.
The recipe macronutrients for the scones only include the base. Don't forget to add the macronutrients for your toppings!
Ingredients for 6 scones
• 1 scoop Keto Pro Protein powder (we used Strawberry, but Vanilla or Chocolate will also work)
• Sugar-free desiccated coconut 60g
• Coconut flour 60g
• Baking powder 1.5tsp
• Butter 76g
• Sugar-free vanilla extract 1tsp
• Eggs 2 large
• Erythritol 50g
- Blend the eggs either in a food processor or whisk in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the butter once cooled down with the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl add coconut flour, Keto Pro protein powder, sweetener, and the baking powder.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry mix until you reach a crumbly texture.
- Shape the dough into 6 disks on some parchment paper.
- Optional you can brush the scones with beaten egg and sprinkle some more coconut if desired.
- Don’t sit the scones directly next to each other, allow them to breathe.
- Bake at 180c 350f or 160c fan assisted for 15 minutes until golden brown
- Allow to cool and enjoy.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days in the fridge or 3 days at room temperature.