Low Carb Keto Stuffed Calamari
Always looking to cook something different, look no further. These griddled stuffed calamari can have any ingredients you like. Ideally if you are going to griddle ensure the meat / fish is cooked before you griddle. Any low carb vegetables are suitable to if want to avoid the meats.
This dish macronutrients are only the calamari and stuffed ingredients the other items on the photo are not included. Buying prepared calamari is much easier and less messy than buying full. Always clean thoroughly and remember to remove the spine & beak.
1 big calamari 100grams
4 tablespoons unfiltered olive oil
1 clove garlic
4 tablespoons parsley
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
100 grams pancetta
28grams cooked prawns
(single stuffed squid)
Total Carbs: 5.2g
Net Carbs: 4g
- Clean the Calamari and separate the tentacles from the head
- Over medium heat, in a saucepan with a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, saute the garlic and shallot
- When the Shallot turn transparent add the parsley. Sauté for about 2 minutes then add the cooked prawns and pancetta. Cook until the water almost evaporates.
- Cook for another 10 minutes then turn off the heat on low heat
- Let it cool.
- Use a little olive oil in separate pan on medium heat and crisp up the tentacles. Cook for 6-7 minutes. Set aside
- Fill up the calamari with the filling then close them with toothpicks.
- Leave the liquid of the filling in the saucepan.
- Over medium heat, pour the remaining oil in the saucepan. When the oil is hot, add the stuffed calamari then brown all sides.
- Season with salt and pepper.