Keto Lamb Kofta
Kofta is usually balls of meat mixed with various spices and is a food commonly served in the Middle East. Traditionally, Kofta is served with a dressing of Tzatziki (you'll find a recipe for Keto-friendly Tzatziki in the 'Sauces' section). If you are looking to lower oxalate levels, then halve the amount of spices used.
In this recipe, we use a combination of lamb and beef mince, which will give you six kofta servings.
Ingredients for 6 kofta
• Lamb mince 500g
• Beef Mince 500g
• Onion chopped fine 100g
• Garlic fresh 4 cloves
• Olive oil 54ml
• Oregano 2 tsp
• Cumin 2 tsp
• Cinnamon 2 tsp
• Paprika 2 tsp
• Salt 1 tsp
• Pepper 1tsp
• Parsley to dress 1 tsp
• Tomato Puree 2 tsp
• Red Pepper Cayenne 1 tsp
• Chilli flakes optional (not in macros)
- Mix all the ingredients apart from the olive until well blended. Divide into 6 balls and roll them on a board until they reach an oval shape.
- Take the skewers and add the koftas.
- Heat the pan until reached a decent heat, add Olive oil and cook for 4 minutes on each side.
- Make sure they have sealed before you turn, or they may stick to the pan.
- Dress with parsley and dip in Tzatziki (recipe in the sauces section).