Keto Chicken Skillet and Feta, Olives and Pecan Pesto
Nothing beats this creamy chicken skillet with olives and feta when your tired of the salads this summer , well within your carb macros you can enjoy this with a side salad , drizzle the pesto into and over the dish before serving
Ingredients for 4 servings
1 tbsp butter
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
400g chicken thighs or chicken breasts
1 tbsp dried basil
Salt and fresh pepper to taste
2 tbsp Pecan Keto pesto (use our Macadamia nut pesto recipe, but replace Macadamia nuts with Pecans)
2 garlic cloves minced
90 ml double cream
Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
245g cubed feta cheese
134g pitted olives
Fresh basil chopped, for garnish, optional
- Preheat the oven to 200C
- Combine butter and olive oil in a cast iron skillet and melt over medium heat.
- Season chicken with dried basil, salt and pepper; add to hot oil and cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until browned.
- In a mixing bowl, combine Pecan pesto, garlic, double cream , salt and pepper; whisk until combined.
- Remove skillet from heat and add olives and cubed feta to the skillet.
- Pour the prepared pesto sauce over the chicken.
- Bake in oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through
- Optional grill to brown the cheese and chicken
- Remove from oven.
- Garnish with fresh basil and serve