Keto Baba Ganoush
Roasted aubergine (Eggplant) Dip or Baba Ganoush, flavoured with tahini, garlic, cumin and olive oil, is a tasty accompaniment to grilled meats and vegetables. Cayenne pepper to add to the thermogenic effect
Baba ganoush is a Lebanese roasted aubergine dip commonly served as an appetizer with pita bread. Made from the mashed pulp of charred or baked eggplant, it’s flavoured with tahini, garlic, and olive oil.
This is a perfect alternative for those of us who love hummus but can’t due to restrictions on the Keto way of eating
Ingredients for 8 servings
Aubergine (eggplant) 2lbs
Avocado oil 2 tablespoons
Roasted Tahini 3 tablespoons
Garlic 2 cloves
Ground cumin 1 teaspoon
Lemon juice 2 tablespoons
Lemon Zest 1 teaspoon
Cayenne Pepper ¼ teaspoon
Salt to taste
Olive oil 3 tablespoons to drizzle
Parsley 1 tablespoon to garnish
Calories: Kcal 142
Total Carbs: 8.6g
Net Carbs: 4.9g
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C
- Cut the ends off the eggplant and quarter the aubergine lengthwise
- Drizzle the 2 tablespoons avocado oil over the aubergine.
- Transfer to the oven for 25 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Transfer to a cutting board and chop the aubergine, skin and all until finely minced.
- Transfer to a large bowl and mix the aubergine with the minced garlic, cumin, lemon juice, lemon zest, and cayenne. Season with salt to taste. To serve, spread into a bowl and top with olive oil and fresh parsley.
- Serve with fresh vegetables like sliced cucumber or Keto Pita.