Chicken Stuffed with Mozzarella and Goats Cheese
Delicious seasoned chicken with an oozing cheese centre... What's not to like?
Goats cheese ½ cup 112g
Skinless boneless chicken breast 4 (approx. 1.5lbs)
Salt & pepper
Paprika. 2 tsp
Shredded mozzarella cheese 1/3 cup 75g
Total Carbs: 0.8g
Net Carbs: 0.4g
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare a baking sheet by lining with foil, set aside
- Add crumbled goat cheese and continue to cook until cheese is melted (about 1 min).
- Place chicken breasts on prepared baking sheet. Using a sharp knife cut slits across the chicken breast about ¾ of the way through chicken breast (careful not to cut all the way through) about ½-3/4 inch apart (approx. 6-8 slits per chicken breast). Stuff each slit with goat cheese mixture.
- Generously salt and pepper top of chicken breast and season with paprika. Sprinkle ¼ of the mozzarella cheese among each chicken breast.
- Place chicken breasts in the oven and bake for 20-25 min. If desired switch oven from bake to broil for the last 10 min. of cooking (for more bubbly and browned cheese)