Butter Roasted Cauliflower Cheese
This dish can be a side dish or a meal on its own. The combination of butter and olive oil caramelizes the florets and they taste divine.
I use a large cauliflower head; you get at least 4 steaks. Recipe below is the for one full cauliflower, macronutrient breakdown assumes that the cauliflower has been split into four, and is for one steak.
Ingredients for 4 steaks
• Cauliflower Large 840g
• Cheddar cheese grated 250g
• Olive oil 1tbsp
• Salt ¼ tsp
• Pepper ¼ tsp
• Garlic powder 1tsp (optional)
• Paprika 1tsp (optional)
• Parsley 1tsp (optional)
- Preheat oven 190c/170 fan
- Remove all the leaves of the cauliflower, then cut lengthways into 4 steaks.
- Season both sides of each steak with salt, pepper, paprika (optional) and garlic powder (optional).
- Melt the butter and mix it with olive oil. Brush it onto both sides of the steak..
- Lay down some parchment paper and place the cauliflower steaks into oven
- Roast the steaks for 10 minutes until golden brown, turn and roast for a further 10 minutes.
- For the last 5 minutes sprinkle the cheese over the steak and place back in the oven.
- Serve hot and dress with parsley (optional).