Keto Fish Cakes
Fish cakes are perfect for dinner and for lunches. Use oily fish like salmon & mackerel which is more suitable for Ketogenic way of eating rather than white fish , serve with salad and some fresh lemon juice and capers.
Ingredients for 8 servings
1 pound firm fish (cod, haddock, salmon, Mackerel)
2 Tablespoons parmesan cheese
½ teaspoon minced fresh garlic
1teaspoon Dijon mustard
3 tablespoons fresh parsley
2 tablespoons coconut flour
1 tablespoon Worcester sauce or coconut amino’s
Teaspoon of Ghee or avocado oil
(two fish cakes)
Calories: 214 kcal
Total :Carbohydrates :2.6g
Net Carbs: 1.3g
- Chop the fish into pieces about 1/2 inch in size.
- Combine the chopped fish, parmesan, egg (if using,) coconut flour (if using,) mustard, Worcestershire, fresh parsley , garlic, egg and parmesan cheese in a medium-sized bowl. Stir well until fully mixed.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick sauce pan over medium high heat until simmering.
- Form the fish mixture into 8 patties, about 2 inches in diameter.
- Fry the patties in batches for about 2 minutes per side (turn gently,) or until golden brown on the outside and cooked through.